White Elephant



Top - J. Crew; Sweater - J. Crew; Jeans - Joe's via Anthro; Shoes - All Black via Anthro; Earrings - Anthro

Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010

OMG guys, it's New Years' Eve! I don't know about you, but this year has FLOWN by! So many things have happened, per usual, and I know that 2011 is sure to bring more surprises and fun. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Take this time to reflect on all of the blessings you received - some that you may not have seen as blessings - and look forward to what's to come!

So, the story behind this outfit goes like this...My family gets together every New Years' Eve Eve for a "White Elephant" gift exchange party. Basically, this is a time to re-wrap all the gifts you got from friends and exchange them with family members. You know the saying, one persons trash is another person's treasure. Well, that surely is the case with this party! I got some ornament place card holders - RANDOM! I think it will be fitting for my Christmas 2011, who knows, maybe I'll have people over and use them! Or maybe I'll re-wrap them to re-gift them next year. I had a blast with my family yesterday.

Unrelated great news: I have a tutorial video to post for this hairstyle, look for it in the New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the tutorial. That style is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome outfit! I'm excited for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I was thinking the whole time while reading this post, "imma need a tutorial on this hairstyle!". Lol. Glad you enjoyed your Holidays with the fam. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year! hair looks hot, can't wait for more deets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I really like the ideas of re-wrapping and giving the gift to a person who may actually use it. I definitely can't wait for the tutorial for this hairstyle. I'm really looking forward to all post that are coming up next!!


    ps. I love the mustard yellow top with the sequins...FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is just beautiful. Nice outfit too!

    Stay blessed :-)

    ReplyDelete