Stretching & Styling My Hair

Remember my original post on washing and detangling my hair? Well, I finally sat down and edited its successor! The video below shows how I stretch and style my hair after I wash it. This method is similar to what kimmaytube does here. This may be old news to some of the "seasoned" naturals and new for the newbies!

Stretching my hair is vital for my styling, I do all of my styling on stretched hair because I find that my hair is easier to manage when stretched. I also find that it tangles much less. Here's the video, I hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this video! I love watching how people style and protect their hair and all the subtle differences between the videos and techniques. I'm searching for my surefire basic regimen for myself, taking note of what's working that I'm already doing, trying new techniques that others suggest one at a time so I know what to keep or nix. I in love with your info and that of Moptop Maven.

    I really like how you went from the initial hair stretching to a protective style. I'm always at a loss on the day after wash day if I don't make twists. I used to wear the style you made, but when I do people tell me I look 15, especially if I'm wearing a tee shirt. So I'll keep looking. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Libby - np! I always go from stretching to a protective style whether an updo or some twists! That's funny that people say you look 15 w/ that style, LOL. I can see why you may need another option! It's tough finding styles when you're not at a bunnable length...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making this video! I never know what to do with my hair besides twisting it when it's wet. I watched your detangling method and finally bought the denman brush. Maybe tomorrow I will have a brand new hairstyle. ;) Thanks Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Mrs. J - No problem! I was SO LOST with what to do for my hair, it doesn't make any sense - literally within the past year I've discovered so many other options. Hopefully you like the Denman, FYI - some people remove every other row, but I keep mine as is. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete