Pasta Pomodoro

I made this pasta WEEKS ago, but with Thanksgiving, and my excitement about my curried mango dish, I postponed it, until a lonely week where I had yet to post anything super-interesting and food related. So, here you have it!

Pasta Pomodoro, as seen on Moptop Maven
Serves 4-6



Ingredients
16 oz  whole wheat pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 10.75 oz can vegetable broth
2 cups campari tomatoes
3 tablespoons fresh basil
Crushed red pepper to taste
Black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and vegetable broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
  3. Stir in red pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes and serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Did someone say comfort food? Oh yes, I said it! I served this with some crusty outer-soft inner Tuscan bread from Whole Foods. This was delicious and quick, so it's a winner in my book! Check out Moptop Maven's original post and feel free to spice this up with chicken, shrimp, or roma tomatoes - whatever makes your heart flutter!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, this looks so good! Perhas I'll try this with some shrimp added in. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm you have an invitation to invade my house and whip up this delightful meal. Yummmmmmmm!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete