Mango-Lime Sorbet

Remember how I told you about my sweet tooth? Well, I've been finding quick weeknight healthy desserts to help me satisfy my cravings. This mango-sorbet takes about 5 minutes of active cooking time (15 minutes non-active), it's refreshing and healthy - so it's just right!


Mango-Lime Sorbet
Source: Vegetarian Times, March 2011 Issue, "Guiltless Pleasures"
Serves 6

Ingredients
4 cups frozen mango chunks
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
SS: I halved the recipe to serve 3, and used one 10 oz bag of frozen mango chunks

Directions
Thaw mango chunks 15 minutes. Place in blender or food processor, and puree with agave nectar and lime juice. Transfer to shallow glass or metal bowl, and place in freezer. Freeze 30 minutes. Stir puree every 15 minutes until ready to serve. SS: I put the blended sorbet in my glass and ate it right  with my mom - forget the freezer!

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with a frozen banana, then might add some vanilla extract and a little peanut butter. Completely satisfies any craving I might have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chinye - YUM! I do that too - I love peanut butter & banana, I add greek yogurt and milk to make a nice smoothie/snack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy...I'm getting hungry over here. I may try this out and before I forget yesterday I made Nutella stuff french toast. It was DELICIOUS!! :)

    ReplyDelete