Don't do that



Top - Urban; Blazer - Banana; Leggings - American Apparel; Shoes - Seychelles via Anthro

Date: Thursday, March 17, 2011

This is a two-week old outfit pic. I wasn't going to post pictures originally because all of the poses just came out awkward. I tried some new poses with this photo shoot, and they turned out to be #epicfails. Well, maybe I'm being a little bit harsh, but I think I look silly.

These pictures were photographed on the day I got an ultra sound. I wore silk AGAIN to get an ultra sound - FYI - not the brightest idea. I found out I'm having a girl! She is very healthy and active - she moves all the time these days. Her name is going to be Naja Simone. Naja is pronounced Nah-jah, not Naw-jah or Nai-jah or Nay-jah or any other pronunciations you can decipher. I'm having serious issues with people already mispronouncing her name. It's quite irritating...to the point where I'm considering changing her name. However I doubt I'll find something I love more.

In summary...cue tie-in to post title...don't do the following:
  • Try new poses (this is only true for me, other style bloggers have varied poses down pact)
  • Wear silk to get an ultra sound
  • Pronounce my daughter's name wrong

Happy Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahah!! That's why I asked what the pronunciation was as soon as you told me the name!!

    P.S. This outfit is super cute and I think the squatting pose is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab name choice, sadly enough I already have names picked out too even though I don't plan on having children for a couple of years lol.

    You look lovely. I love the top photo and ofcourse the shoe photo. I really do love your disappearing bump so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love the shoes and I hope that lovely top didn't get messed up after the ultra sound. Beautiful name! Guess what I get called Mary, Maria and Maury once so I already know how your daughter will feels. ;)


    ps. I thought you didn't want to find out?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really lovely in these shots and in my opinion, not awkward at all. More just like you're having fun.

    OK, so this may or may not come across as being so outta line, but please do not take it the wrong way. I have been curious as to why you do not mention the father of your child at all - again, so not any of my business, but just out of curiosity, I have been wondering if he just doesn't want to be mentioned or perhaps I have missed the mention of him (as I just started reading your blog a little while ago). Also, was wondering if perhaps you may be having this child on your own and if that is the case, I completely, completely admire you. Anyway, these thoughts are not meant to be rude or intrusive in any way whatsoever and I am sure you will not answer if you deem them to have crossed a line.

    Peace and Love,
    Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on joining the girl club (I'm the founder and president, LOL). I feel you on the name mispronunciation, the story of my LIFE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    @Mrs J - I didn't want to know, and then I didn't care, so I decided to find out since everybody else wanted to know and I was so indecisive. I flip-flopped :-)

    @ Tanisha - let's just say that the situation between Naja's father and me is very complicated. We dated for 2.5 years, and he has been mentioned on the blog as my bf in the past. He is excited about being a dad, and plans to help out as much as he can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for responding to my question. Sorry to hear that things are complicated, but very happy to hear that he is excited about being a dad and helping you out. You seem like a very strong, intelligent, confident person and I truly wish you (and your baby girl) all the best.

    Peace and Love,
    Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Tanisha - No problem, I try to keep it as real as I can :) and thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the shoes! The poses are not awkward at all.

    ReplyDelete