Two act scene change



Dress - Anthro; Necklace - Anthro; Shoes - Target; Hat - J. Crew

Date: Sunday, June 5, 2011

Let me tell you about my Sunday, and let's pretend my day was a play.

ACT I
On Sunday I was scheduled to attend an afternoon tea for the mentoring group that I chair for my sorority. I got up, went to church and put on this lovely silk dress. I realize, silk does not like me. I had a "Silk -friend or foe?" post almost a year ago. Well today silk was my foe! I returned from church, snapped some photos and used the ladies room. When I looked back in the mirror SOMETHING got on the dress. I don't know what, but it was SOMETHING, it was big, apparent and baaaaad. I quickly started telling myself off, saying things like, "OMG Monique, this is just your life! How typical. What are you going to do now?"

We were asked to wear a hat to the tea. Thus, this being the only tea-appropriate hat, I had to find a way to make the hat work, which means I had to find SOMETHING with the color yellow in it. Well, I'm 8 months pregnant, and nothing fits - I mean NOTHING, getting dressed is getting a little rough. Thus, I decided to just try to make the dress work in another way. This is what I came up with...

ACT II

Dress (worn as top)- Anthro; Skirt - Anthro; Shoes - Anthro; Hat - J. Crew

Yep, I just wore this skirt last weekend! I clearly like act one's outfit better. It's almost as if my boobs grew between act one and two also, or they were just more emphasized with the whole "dress as top look." The dress was pulling more than I like, but I just went with it - ugh! Additionally, the skirt would not sit in one place since this blouse was silk (compared to when I wore it with a cotton shirt). Oh well, everyone else said I looked nice, but I think they were just saying that to make me feel better. That's the end to my story.

CURTAIN


ENCORE
Did I mention that I BORROWED the dress from my cousin? Uh...yeh, I did. However, later in the day, I couldn't see a thing on the dress but wrinkles - let's hope I didn't ruin it for life.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry about the spot! There's something about those big, happy buttons--I LOVE that yellow dress. It looks good as a shirt too, I don't think anyone was making that up in act 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KM - thank you :) I really thought I looked crazy, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful in Act 1 and 2! The color yellow is perfect on you and that hat may need to be sent my way. Lovely!! :)

    I can't believe you have one more month to go and I know your super excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are working the yellow! Is it just me, or is your pregnancy moving along quite fast? Soon you'll be doing "Mommy" posts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!

    @ Libby - I have 2 months left, and I'm super excited, these last couple of month have been moving along quickly!

    ReplyDelete