Vegetarian Chick'n Salad

Are you ever confused when/why vegetarians title a non-meat food item a meat title? I certainly was, however I realize since vegetarianism is still not widely popular, certain tastes and textures for food are best described with a meat title. For example I don't love this chicken salad because it tastes like chicken, however I do enjoy the chicken-like TEXTURE in the Gardein Chick'n used in this recipe. The meat titles are a matter of texture and presentation for me.

Vegetarian Chicken Salad
Source: Adapted from Food Network Magazine, September 2011 Issue
Serves 3


Ingredients
1 2-pack of Gardein Chick'n Tuscan Breasts *without the sauce*
2 stalks celery, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1/4 onion, diced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon all seasons salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
pinch paprika
Freshly ground pepper
Whole Wheat Wrap
Lettuce (for topping) SS: Tomato would go well also, but I don't like tomatoes on my sandwiches

Directions
1. Combine the chick'n, celery, carrot, red onion, mayonnaise, mustard, all seasons salt, granulated farlic, paprika and 1 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Mix until combined.
2. Serve the chick'n salad on a wrap with lettuce.

I vegetarianized this recipe, originally it was meant for 1 cup of rotisserie chicken, so feel free to adapt if you eat meat! Serve this with nuts, chips, or pickles - your favorite sandwich accompaniment. Make this vegan by substituting regular mayo with vegan mayo.

2 comments:

  1. this looks delicious! xx opinionslave
    / twitter: @opinionslave

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog reminds me on how i really need to start eating healthy *sigh*. great blog.

    http://www.proprpostur.com/

    ReplyDelete