Milk


Top - Urban; Skirt - Urban; Sandals - Borrowed from mom


Date: Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm nursing Naja. Nursing adds an entire extra dimension to being a mom. When you do this, you pretty much lock yourself in as the baby's designated provider of food ("experts" suggest you hold off on giving nursing babies a bottle until they are 3-4 weeks). This new designation affects my dressing in a way I wasn't expecting. Basically - I need to have easy access to her food source, and her food source comes in heaps and bounds at times. I translate this to mean I will not be wearing anything that does not easily lift up or unbutton, and all fine materials where milk will generate a stain are also off limits. Nursing pads are my BFFs right now. And I thought I would get my entire wardrobe back because I was no longer expecting...

PS - This is the first post-preggo picture I'm showing on the blog. At ~2 weeks post-delivery, I've lost the bulk of my belly. Now, I just need to lose some inches, and work on tightening things up to get back to my pre-preggo size. I can't wait until the doc gives me the "go" to get back to some intense workouts!!!
PSS - I LOVE exposed zippers!!!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, hot momma is back. :) Your stomach is pretty much gone and I need to know the secret for the future! Seriously?!

    Love your look at me now poses! Love the mini twist how long did it take to complete them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! And I love the skirt, too- zipper AND color. Ain't nursing grand? My pads couldn't contain all those awesome nutrients and I had to stay in strictly washable tops (or, um, kinda just galumphing around in nursing bras) for the first few weeks. Have fun and oo, best bit of advice for getting beauty/sanity rest I heard: "Don't stand if you can sit, don't sit if you can lay down."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique, there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would have allowed a photo taken of me after either of my babies were born so congratulations on looking so terrific. The nursing gets easier on so many fronts - longer passages of time between feedings, feedings take less time, you get better at it, she gets better at it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    @Mrs J - I split the twists up over the course of two days, however if I didn't have the little one, I feel like I could have done it over one day on a weekend.

    @See Kate run. - Nursing bras and pads are SAVING MY LIFE right now, and thanks for the tip :)

    @Dana - I sure hope you're right!

    ReplyDelete