3 Weeks

Guess what? You all aren't the only ones asking for pictures of the little one. Right now, my blog is a great way to update people on what's going on. So here ya go...This past Sunday, I took Naja to my parents church because my cousin was preaching. We all met up at my grandparents house afterwards. Naja enjoyed being held, and the family was happy to see the newest addition!



Naja and I went for our first real walk yesterday, and I think she enjoyed it - I know I did! I got my first taste at power-walking with the jogging stroller. I feel the need to give a shout out to the women who run regularly with strollers, talk about added intensity. When I got to the hilly sections, I was WORK-ING! Naja hung out in the stroller, and dozed off ~10 minutes into the walk. The weather was beautiful, with a lovely breeze!


In other news, Naja is a growing little bear! She passed 7 pounds this week, which is great considering that she dropped quite a bit from her birth weight of 6 lbs 6.5 ounces while in the hospital. Finally, we're introducing the bottle to Naja now to ensure she's ready for my transition back to work. I still plan to nurse her at home, at night and on the weekends. However, she'll have to use a bottle while she's at daycare. Mimi (my mom) tested her out with the bottle (with my pumped breast milk) yesterday, and she took it like the trooper she is! She fussed a little, but she ate everything and was satisfied. I will say, I do think I will miss nursing her. It's so special, I really enjoy it, and the idea that she gets her nutritional needs filled from mom...it's remarkable. Seriously, I get teary-eyed. I can see why it's hard for some women to go back to work. Speaking of, I have less than a month before I return.

15 comments:

  1. I don't have any kids, but I cannot wait to experience that special bond between me and my little one. I think nursing is so important, and I'm glad you decided to do it. Are you going to express milk for Naja while she's at daycare, or is she going to switch to formula? I've heard that it's not great to mix the two, but I guess you have to do whatever works for you. Keep the pictures coming. I love seeing her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    @ Crystal - I have been pumping since I got out of the hospital, and freezing my milk (it lasts up to 6 months in the freezer). I plan on pumping, freezing and giving her my breast milk in the bottle when she's at daycare. I don't want to do formula if I don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome - good for you (and Naja)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful beautiful baby! God bless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought when you said 3 weeks was that means there are only 3 more weeks left on maternity. I cannot believe that is all you get in US. So sad!

    Naja is so gorgeous....you must be bored of hearing this but she really is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jc- the short leave in the US is ridiculous, and I can never get tired hearing that. I tell her that she's cute like 183937464 times in a day, lol. I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking, then I'd be crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful child. I could look at this all day! Seriously. I bet she smells of that lovely baby smell! Come to the UK, I'll babysit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This young lady is going to be the best-dressed child wherever she goes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HeyMo!

    Just discovered ur blog! You have a gorgeous baby (just like her mom) and I wanted to say congrats! I'm glad to see the woman you are becoming and I just wanted say I love ur styles, personality and of course that same 'ol bright smile! Miss ya much!
    Much love,
    Mico from UM/PTP/NSBE/everything lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. she's absolutely beautiful :)

    www.roux-derniercri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mo she is suuchhhh a doll....so cute!
    Post more of her! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's beautiful and I'm loving the little purple headband. I can't wait to have children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is absolutely beautiful! You are truly blessed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *tear*

    SO beautiful! I'm so proud of you, and she is beautiful!!!

    -Kris

    http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete