Cucumber-Radish Wrap with Tofu Spread
Source: Adapted from The Healthy Foodie
200g extra firm tofu
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp Todd's Dirt SS: Original recipe called for zaatar, which I couldn't find, Todd's Dirt is like Old Bay
2 green onions, finely chopped
¼ red pepper, finely chopped
- In a food processor, add tofu through zaatar and process, on pulse, until well blended and somewhat smooth. You want the spread to still have a bit of a texture to it, so be careful not to overprocess it.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add bell peppers and green onions and mix in with a spatula, until well combined.
- Use immediately, or keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
- I don’t know how long this will keep for, I haven’t tested it yet, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t keep for anything less than a week.
Ingredients2 whole grain soft tortillas
½ seedless cucumber, sliced paper thin
4 whole radishes, sliced paper thin
¼ cup alfalfa sprouts
1 tofu spread recipe
- Divide the tofu spread between the tortillas and spread evenly.
- Top with slices of cucumber, making sure to leave a little bit of space all around to allow for movement when wrapping the tortillas.
- Add radish slices and top with alfalfa sprouts
- Roll as tightly as you can without ripping the tortilla. Hold in place with toothpicks if you have to.
- Cut in half diagonally and serve immediately.
The tofu spread lasts up to a week. This is a great substition for mayo, and makes for a quick and easy lunch to go, try it with your favorite veggies.