Oxymoron




Shirt - Anthro; Skirt - H&M Maternity; Necklace - Borrowed from mom; Sandals - Steve Madden

Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday was a travel day since I drove back home for a work conference I had Monday and Tuesday of this week. Work conferences are quite the oxymoron. Typically, they're meant to do a few things: 
  • Re-energize
  • Contribute to your personal development needs
  • Fix a problem
  • Discuss a new venture/generate new ideas

Somehow, in the positivity of all of the previous mentions, everyone I know leaves conferences tired, with more work left than when they arrived. What an oxymoron - you put up your "Out of Office" automatic reply, and people think you're on vacation, when you're really just traveling somewhere to add to your plate. Ah life. I still enjoyed the conference, and am happy that I went!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a whole lot of work and no rest..lol I really thought you made that necklace since I've seen a tutorial for a similar design.

    Very cute outfit! I love your blouse and cute denim pencil skirt.

    ps. I think I need some braids now!! ;) Necklace tutorial: Modesty is Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Now I have been enlightened about the "out of office" automated replies.

    Love the braids!

    ReplyDelete