Comedy Show...Two Weeks Later

Mrs. J asked me if I was going to post pics from the Comedy Show mentioned in my "Smile" post, and well...I WAS going to post them on Friday, 5/13, but that was the day that Blogger was down. So I took it as a day off. THEN, I was going to post the pics last Friday on 5/20, BUT I was at home in VA, and the pictures were on my computer in Philly. So for this Friday, I'm in VA, however I planned ahead and compiled pics from the comedy show. Why? Because this vintage dress was just too pretty not to share more, and because of the cause - supporting the Community Partnership School (CPS). I'm all for quality education in black and brown communities - it's very necessary!

...the cocktail hour where I had a sweet potato sundae with sweet and plain mashed potatoes topped with smothered mushrooms and blue cheese.

...the stage where the children performed a tribute to Dr. Cosby.
..the friend who made it happen!


*The dress is a hand me down from my aunt, which makes it vintage (???) - it's probably from the 80's - sorry that I have no full-length pics.

Just to recap, since I mentioned this AGES AGO, my best gal pal received a handful of complimentary tickets to a Comedy Show featuring Bill Cosby in support of the Community Partnership School. We went, ate, drank, laughed, and supported the children. It was a great cause considering that all of the children at CPS come from low-income neighborhoods, and CPS is a feeder elementary school for a lot of the well-known private high schools in the Philly area (Penn Charter, Germantown Academy, etc.). It truly shows that it doesn't matter where you're from - brilliance is everywhere. All of the children are sponsored to attend, so it costs their parents nothing. All in all - this was a wonderful event for a great cause.

If you didn't know - I have a big heart for philanthropy and community activism, so this kind of thing is right up my alley. For more information on supporting CPS, click here. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment