Instant Chocolate Cake

Remember Easy Bake Ovens? I never wanted/had one because we always made cakes from scratch at home. It caused me to have an aversion to any box desserts. However, there is one appeal that I miss from the easy bake quick desserts - the fact that they are quick :)! This recipe whips up a chocolate cake for at least 2 people in under 15 minutes. It's made from scratch, and pretty good. I made this for my mom and brother because I don't like chocolate all that much. Enjoy!

Instant Chocolate Cake
Source: Food Network, April 2011 Issue, "10 Minute Desserts"
Serves 2

Ingredients & Directions
Whisk 1/4 cup flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons milk, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and a dash each of vanilla extract and salt in a large mg until smooth. Microwave until puffed, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with more cocoa powder. SS: The container I used was too small - the cake almost puffed out of the container, be sure to use a large mug!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of this mug cake phenomenon... looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to make this for breakfast (eek yes...breakfast!!). Well sadly I was missing eggs!! I can't believe I had none and didn't even notice! So I will be trying this out tomorrow morning once I pass through the grocery store on my way home.....(yes I did say tomo morning...for breakfast lol).

    ReplyDelete