Kendi and Elaine recently posted some pretty cool stories, and although we're not friends, I thought it would be nice to pretend we are and post some stories and pics from...The Wonder Years!
Grandma, DJ and me he's a newborn so I'm 12 in this pic, and it was probably bedtime, hence the scarf.
- My first kiss was in the second grade on the school bus by a boy named Michael Shackelford. Most other kids made fun of him because kids are mean, but I liked him. My best friend, Riayn, made me kiss him that day - she was very aggressive. He bought me chocolates for Valentines' Day and a card. PS - it was on the cheek.
- I was one of those kids who lost both of their front teeth at the same time, and then lost the ones next door at the same time. So I was either buck-tooth or toothless. My cousins (from this post) teased me about it.
- I've played basketball since the fourth grade. Back in the 90s, there weren't many female leagues just for girls, so I played in a lot of coed leagues. My dad wished I was a boy, and trained me to be very tough. Long story short, in one game, I passed the ball to a boy on my team, and made him cry.
- In real life, I'm a talker, and I've always been that way. When I was younger, my family would joke with me that if someone ever kidnapped me, they'd return me as soon as I opened my mouth.
- Even though I was a tomboy in high school, I was in a debutante cotillion in 11th grade.
- In high school, I participated in a couple of school plays in which I had the role of Grandma Tzeitel in Fiddler on the Roof, and Titania in Dream on Royal Street.
- My go-to shoes in HS: Addidas slip-ons with socks. I'd wear them throughout the fall and winter!
Bonus pic of me and my "hubby" from Dream on Royal Street (12th grade). PS - I was wearing a wig.
Anyone else who wants to join in on the fun and reveal some fun stories, please do. For now, I'm going to tag Libby, Marie and Jc!