EUREKA!!!

Hello Lovelies,

I have GREAT NEWS!!! I was able to braid my own Senegalese twists!!! *Fireworks & applause*

Thus, I'll definitely still have cute hair styles, but they will be geared towards longer hair.  I've decided to shift my focus from hair onto another extension for my blog: Fashion, specifically personal fashion.  This portion will be great for anyone who is looking to:
1. Define your own new style
2. Build/create your wardrobe
3. Shop more efficiently for your current style or in general

I thought to do this because when I got out of college, I recognized that I had NO CLOTHES.  Ok, I'm exaggerating a tad, but I did not have a WARDROBE.  I had a top, a blouse, jeans, a dress, but nothing that worked together to create a single WORKING wardrobe.  I also noticed that I did not know how to shop for a wardrobe. Sure, I could shop for an event, or I could find one cute item, but then I would only wear it ONCE, or find that "I had nothing to go with it."

I found some tips to help me create my wardrobe, and I'm happy to say, I have a solid style and wardrobe AND I continuously add to it when I shop.  I'm not going to reveal my secrets all at once, lol.  But I will start revealing one now: Know your body!!!

When I shopped for clothes before, I bought anything trendy and cute.  The only problem with this is that TRENDY does not always fit your body type. It is of the utmost important that you KNOW and UNDERSTAND YOUR BODY! Know what shapes/cuts compliment you, along with the ones that don't. This will make shopping much easier. For example, I have skinny legs - I highlight them all the time by wearing dresses, skinny jeans and leggings. I LOVE wide-leg pants, but I purchase very few b/c it takes away from one of my best assets!

So, take a look in the mirror and ask yourself...what's my best asset? How can I best highlight this asset with my clothing? What's my worst asset? How can I hide/camouflage this asset with clothes? When answering these questions, think cuts...A-lines, straight, etc.  Also, fashion magazines can be helpful if you're getting started.  I personally love Lucky.

So, Rule #1: Know your body...

No comments:

Post a Comment