30 for 30 Style Challenge

Starting Saturday, I am participating in a 30 for 30 contest inspired by Kendi Everyday. The rules for the 30 for 30 are simple:

1. Pick 30 items in your closet, not including accessories or coats
2. Wear ONLY these 30 items for 30 days
3. Don't shop for 30 days

This will really stretch my creativity and will be a great addition to spice up my 5-month shopping diet. I have pictured my 30 for 30 items below.

**NOTE: I replaced the Spiegel cardie with the Anthro one listed below








So that's it. I will limit my wardrobe to the above items for the next 30 days! I tried to add some colorful/printed pieces to maintain my sense of style. I also included some necessary basics. I will post pictures of my 30 for 30 remixes on my new 30 for 30 page. I will continue to post my weekly Outfit of the Day picture on the blog home page.

What do you think about the challenge? Is anyone else participating? I'm excited about it!

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting challenge! I wish you all the best and look forward to your combinations. As for me, I need to go clothes shopping (something I've never really liked). So now my challenge will be to shop for some key pieces and get rid of all that other "stuff" that lurks in my closet but serve no real purpose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice challenge...i think am gonna go on it...maybe next month.
    Your collection seems to contain 31 not 30???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KoralK - I had a last minute switch AFTER I took my pics. I removed the Spiegel sweater with the **. However, it's still pictured! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realize that you were doing this challege. You are really doing well and I wouldn't know that you were working with only 30 pieces. This could be a great way to help me figure out what I need in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Belle - thanks! The challenge definitely showed me what I like and don't like. I now know the styles that I plan to work with for my daily wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete