Wedding Hair = Success

I was in a wedding Saturday and it was BEAUTIFUL!  I really do love weddings - the committment that they represent and the real meaning behind the ceremony...tear...

 Moving back to hair...I looked back in my book of styles to a failed attempt from October 2009 for inspiration.  I never posted or took pictures from the style because I knew I did not leave enough time for the style to set.  I didn't let it dry, and it wasn't awful, but I saw the potential GREATNESS from that one trial.  The style was a flat twist/roller set style that I saw a couple of youTubers post vids for (links provided below).

Here are the pics....




*Bonus pic of the ladies and kiddies with the groom - just adorable*

I did this style on stretched ("dirty") hair.  I wore my hair in a bun all last week.  I did this style right after I took my bun down Friday night and it was fresh for Saturday!   It took about 30 minutes, I used water and kimmaytube's leave-in to set my hair.  Curly Chronicles gives a great tutorial for the style (here and here) along with kimmaytube (here).  I used the kimmaytube method - the double stacked flat twists in the back gave me added volume.  I also rolled the ends of the twists with a medium-sized roller to ensure my ends popped.  I undid the twists in the morning, fluffed and I was set!

I received lots of compliments on this style and I will definitely showcase it again for a nice weekend-hair treat.  I just loved how my bangs spiraled in the front!  Another plus to this style is its predictability.   My twist-outs and braid-outs can run the gamut in terms of end results, however this style is reliable*.  *DISCLAIMER: I haven't had another successful trial with the style, however because of the parting and setting done to set the style, I'm confident in making this assumption ;-)*

9 comments:

  1. The style looks great. I have tried doing it before with flat twists but it never works out for me because I can't flat twist (so blame it on me not the tutorials). I have done it with bantu knot outs though and those worked supremely well (probably because I can do the knots lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jc! I thought about doing Bantu knots, but decided otherwise due to the long dry time. I do want to try the style though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bangs are bomb!!! my hair doesnt stretch the way I want it to. Still looking for a good way to stretch it. Twist-outs/flat twist outs are GROSS! I'm going to try roller setting it and maybe gonna do a second trial using Curlformers.
    http://www.curlformers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed you "home" from BGLH. Our hair is the same texture and just the same length, so I will be keeping up with your developments and hope we can both get beautiful moisturised, long, strong hair and more dope styles in the future!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jazz - I have achieved maximal stretching when I do my buns - prior to that the best stretching I could get was by braiding it after a wash which was mediocre. Also - I have a box of curlformers that I used once...my hair is just too thick - let me know if you want them, I can mail em to ya!

    @ Camille Acey - WELCOME! I've never had a hair twin before :-), I hope the same for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The style is the one, girl! I love it. Love your bangs. Love the volume. And it took 30 minutes? Win-Win-Win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang, I just bought some curlformers yesterday. Which ones do you have? I got the short and narrow...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazz - I have the short & narrow ones also...if they work - I can send them to you, extras are always nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks boo I'll let you know ;)

    ReplyDelete