Finally - success in the kitchen!

I've been doing really well updating you all on my hair recently.  I have NOT been doing well on the whole "healthy eating thing."  Well...I have been eating well, BUT I've been eating out a lot.  I haven't had the time or knowledge to throw a healthy meal together...until yesterday.  I fixed some zucchini cakes with a horseradish sauce and they were delicious!
I got the recipe from a recent cookbook purchase titled College Vegetarian Cooking by Megan Carle and Jill Carle.  I bought the book at Urban Outfitters.  The book is marketed for the single, budget-friendly young adult - it's perfect for me!  The authors break down different recipes by the following titles: Cheap Eats, Meals for One, Survival Cooking, Party Food and others.  It's a great buy for anyone in a similar situation to mine.  On to the topic at hand...Zucchini Cakes...

PROS: Affordable, quick, meal-for one
CONS: Not a "heavy" meal - you'll need more if you're really hungry

I bought some zucchini from a local farmer's market last Thursday, I had yet to use them yesterday and I didn't want to waste them. I found the recipe for the zucchini cakes and saw that it was quick, affordable and healthy!  I would definitely reccomend this one.

Ingredients (serves 1)
2 green onions
1/4 cup mayo
2 teaspoons horseradish
1 teaspoon milk
1 clove garlic
1 zucchini
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon flour (plus 1/4 cup for dipping)
Salt & pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil


I'm not sure what the "rules" are for posting recipes, but I'd imagine I shouldn't post it word-for-word unless it's my own creation.  If you're interested in the directions - email me - my email is in my 'About Me' page.  In general, my goal is to cook (and post) ONE healthy-cooked meal per week.  We'll see how that goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment