I finally got around to set my hair!

First, Happy Mothers' Day to all the moms who read my blog and to my mom specifically - I love you!

I bought some rollers a couple of weeks ago with the intent to roller set my hair.  I tried rolling one piece of my hair last week and thought it wouldn't look right considering my kinky hair texture.  I got back to Philly after a visit home last night and decided to just try it.  The verdict is...well, I'll just show you the pictures and let you judge the results.

I think I separated the curls too much in the back - that's why you see some skinny little ringlets.  However, I'm pretty pleased with the overall look.  I did my usual condition/wash/detangle session in sections.  I applied Kinky Curly's Knot Today as a Leave-In along with a local-made whipped shea butter to the large sections.  I applied Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel to each individual rolled section to "set" my hair.  You can see my texture at the roots and the curls come right in at the bottom.  Works for me!

The true tell of this style will be to see how long it lasts...I'll try to post pictures of Day 2/3/4 pics and let you know how I keep the style up (if I can).

2 comments:

  1. It's cute :0) I've been toying with the idea of a roller set, the biggest problem, is I don't have a hair dryer, and once rolled, it would take 1-2 days to air dry :o( that's 1-2 days when I have nothing to do, but stay in the house (hmmmmm....homework, housework, etc. might not be a bad idea).What size/ color rods did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jhenny53 - Thanks girl! I actually slept on the rollers, I did sit under a dryer for 30 minutes in the morning. Sleeping on the rollers def. saved me on drying time. I'm sure this style would look really cute on you w/ your length & texture...

    I used pink rods from Sally's. They're probably 1.5" in diameter.

    ReplyDelete