Whole Wheat Pancakes w/ Strawberry Sauce

What's up ya'll! So, I had a great time celebrating Independence Day with family & friends in the city where Independence was born! I did my hair in this 50's do that I got from a blogger named Cherry Lola. It came out fab - but I'll stop rambling about that and address the title.

I LOVE breakfast, there's not a day that goes by where I don't eat breakfast. Typically on weekends I like to do more than my usual Kashi's Cinna Raisin cereal. Today I took a recipe from one of my favorite health-conscious chefs, Ellie Krieger and made Whole-Wheat Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce. I got the recipe from her cookbook, The Food You Crave.

Pancakes
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole-grain pastry flour or whole-wheat flour *I used whole-wheat
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1 tablespoon honey *I think this ingredient is the secret to these sweet & yummy cakes
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking Spray

Strawberry Sauce
2 pints (16 oz) fresh strawberris, hulled or 4 cups frozen unsweetened & thawed
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup


Email me if you want directions, but know that these pancakes were healthy & delicious! I even had my b/f taste them and he also said they were good - he couldn't believe they partially had whole-wheat flour in them! Plus we all know that strawberries are packed with Vitamin C and fiber...a great way to start my day!

BTW - I took my twists out so I can test out a professional blow out style for an event next week. I never seem to really like how my hair looks when I take it out, but I'll post later about how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment