Eureka! Banana Works!

Do you all recall my first run-in with the banana conditioner? If you don't, here's a quick recap: My hair felt GREAT - really moisturized after - and when I went to style it, I found pieces of banana all "up in there" *in my best DMX voice*

I did a banana conditioner this weekend and used the same exact recipe, which I got from BGLH.
1 banana, pureed
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp ACV

This time, I used a strainer again to filter out the large-solid banana particles. When I did this - I poured the 1/2 cup of milk into the strainer while the pureed banana was in there and mixed it w/ a spoon in the strainer. I think this mixing really allowed the small banana particles to move through the strainer easily. In the end, I have great moisture and no more banana left in my hair!

I sealed my hair w/ Olive Oil *my other favorite blog, The Natural Haven, said that research only proves that Olive Oil and Coconut Oil penetrate the hair, thus I'm using OO instead of Castor oil* My hair has GREAT shine. I let my hair dry over night in some "play-play" bantu knots and 2-strand twisted it the next day. I think my hair looks fab! I'll post pics later.

PS - I'm on the road again this week, so no cooking :(. I'm in Houston, TX training for work. I should be back with some new fierce styles soon...I've been brainstorming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment