I don't know how many of you remember this "Smile" post from last July, where I talked about getting new (to me) furniture that I planned to use for Naja's room. I got the furniture for free, and it was in spectacular shape, and it's probably as old as I am.
I loved the framework of the furniture, but I hated the color - this pale yellow is just so flat and blah. Originally, I planned on using the dresser in Naja's room. However, I soon changed my mind after I finished another repurposed dresser (to be posted in the near future) and I knew that should be saved for her room. Thus, I knew this furniture had a home in my room.
Here are some before pictures of the repurposed dresser/chest and night stand:
Wow - what a world of a difference a nice paint job makes! Thanks to some help from Libby, and my good friends at Home Depot, I did the lazy man's repurposing job with this project. Note: I had one day to do this job, by myself, so I was all about the short cuts, not my preference, but it's real life. I did not sand it, instead I applied a thick coat of primer (only one coat), and then applied the paint. I used a glossy black paint by Rust-Oleum, because they also manufacture paint in a spray can - and I used the same color to repurpose some chairs (also to be posted in the near future). I then used chrome spray paint on the hardware, and voila - a repurposed dresser!
There are some white parts that peak through around the drawers, and the paint has some texture to it, but I kind of like it. All in all, I am very satisfied with the finished project.
The cost of this project was:
Primer - $9.99
Paint - $9.99
Spray paint - $3.49
Furniture - Free
Total - ~$25 (including taxes)
This post will be part 1 of 4 of the repurposing projects I embarked upon before my move. I've taken pictures of the other projects, so I will try to focus on posting them across the next few weeks. Peace.