Weekly Update 4.15.12

So last week I told you that I plan to blog more, and then I go one entire week without posting anything, lol.  I'm still getting the hang of this - so bear with me! I don't want to give up the blog, so I just have to find a balance of blogging that works, and that means a reduced amount of posting for now. I'm shooting for a weekly mish mash of pictures with a couple brief one liners about my week, something like my old Smile posts. Well, here goes...

 Chillin on a Friday afternoon :)


(L): Peep my iPhone in her right hand, my little swiper (R) My long legged baby with her yellow cloth diaper! 

This is how I get things done - the Ergo Carrier is a lifesaver! PS - she went to sleep right on momma's back shortly after

Naja turned 9 months on the 19th, and she is almost walking - EEK!!! To help her with her walking, I got her this giraffe walker that I ordered from Amazon, and she seems to like it!

I fixed Naja a half of a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch for the first time this weekend, and she tore it up! She's such a good eater, and she's on three solid meals a day now. It's so exciting to see her really eating solid foods, and kind of unbelievable, I mean remember when she was this small?

Naja went to get some impromptu professional pictures taken with her dad and (paternal) aunt this weekend. She smiled in a handful of the shots, and she didn't cry. Go Naja!

I went out (!!!) and saw Think Like a Man with a soror friend of mine. Loved the movie...and the eye candy (hello Michael Ealy and Terrance J).

Finally, I signed up to run a marathon in October with a few co-workers. Here's to making it!

What was your week like?

7 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with weekly posts. I follow blogs where that's all they do is give a quick update for the week. And I read them even more because of it.

    Congrats on having some "me time". I head the movie was great, but haven't been to see it. Actually, I can't remember the last time I actually went to the movies. Hummm...

    Love the cloth diaper in yellow! Such a happy color. Love all the photos. And wishing you all the best on the marathon. I know you can do it!

    As for me, I'm preparing for vending at a street festival this weekend and participating in the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week this week. Still got lots to do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Absolutely nothing wrong with weekly blogging, I haven't written anything in a year! shameful but it just hasn't worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest baby girl ever!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I feel like this is the first time you have mentioned Naja's dad! Glad to see he is in her life...I admit I have been curious about that and if you were together or not. Ok I feel so nosey :) Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jennifer - thank you!

    @MPB - I don't mention him often as we're not together anymore, and live in different states. I've been contemplating whether/not to mention him at all. However, I think I've found a healthy balance of mentioning him when appropriate, but still keeping things personal. He definitely loves her and does what he can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is SO adorable! My youngest is 9 months old too, I may need to look into that Ergo. The carrier I use only allows for a front-carry. Having him on the back would be much more convenient at times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter, Naja, is such a beauty! gosh I remember when my daughter was that age.

    I too enjoyed the eye candy from Think Like A man :)

    Mandi@theSassyFitMom

    ReplyDelete