Splash

Wow, I haven't taken a blogging break since I started blogging regularly in Kendi's 30x30. I have to be honest and share that I started to question whether or not I wanted to continue blogging. Things have been extremely busy, and recently, I haven't even been able to keep my room organized. This is pretty huge for me as I am the type of person who is affected by the space around them - unwanted noise (I.e. constant TV) and constant clutter totally affect my zen. Well, all I had to do was see some old pictures that somehow didn't make it to the blog to recharge my memory of why I enjoy this so much.

This picture is from late February, from a birthday celebration for my maternal grandparents. They are 1 year, and 2 days apart, they have been married for 59 years, and they still carry a spark that is absolutely admirable. I totally look up to them and love those guys!

I'm still working on finding a decent arrangement where I can do all of the things I need to do, and most a few of the things I'd like to do, including finding some 'me time' -  sans baby, and sleeping more (5 hours is not cutting it). However, I can already say that it feels good to be writing again.

The title of this post is due to the new splash of color in my hair - I got it colored when I went in for my first shape up since my big cut. It's really liberal for me...and I'm actually surprised I did it. Remember, I do not work in the fashion world, and most of my friends work for conservative, old school, Fortune 100 companies. In fact, I'm sure if I had thought more about it, I would have talked myself out of it, but I love it (surprisingly), and I'm glad I went for it.

So how did I come upon this color? Well, I have been loving my hair cut, but it was time for a shaping, and I was feeling the urge to do something different, so I thought - COLOR! I googled: 'afro color' for inspiration, and most of the results were not all that inspiring. I did come across this picture, and I also referenced Zarna because her hair is super fierce. My stylist came up with this after seeing the pictures - she's good ;). I hope now when folks google 'afro + color' they have another idea for inspiration. 

Finally, I leave you with a nice picture of my little bear. I mentioned needing some 'me time' - but don't get it twisted - I love this girl, she is an absolute joy and blessing.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I for one have missed your blog. Life happens and our schedules get all messed up from time to time, but I sure am glad to see this post. Congrats to the grandparents! It's a testament that marriage can work and it is such an inspiration to know that. Your little bear is still just as cute as she was on the last post and growing so fast!

    Love your new do. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color looks great on you. Your baby is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone!!! I am now use to the color, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all these naturals I'm finding on bloodspot lately! Love the denmin top pairing w the delicate skirt! You have a new follower! ^__^

    www.playinghooksies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Playing Hooksies - thank you and welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete