Sofull Reflections: Awesome quote from Zora Neale Hurston

Announcing my first series: Sofull Reflections

So, I'm going to start adding a weekly " Sofull reflections" post to talk about things outside of hair. I will try to not stray too far as I am not an official writer/activist/environmentalist/realist/etc. However, I love to talk about REAL issues.  I will open the series with a quote from Zora Neale Hurston.

"Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me."

~Zora Neale Hurston

I love this quote.  For me, it says: I laugh in the face of adversity because ultimately, I am me and I'm FABULOUS!!!  I know we all face adversity whether it be at work, with our hair, with our career CHOICE and many more.  How about you all - what adversity have you faced recently and how did you overcome it?  What do you think about the quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment