Squash and Spaghetti

I've been cooking a lot more now than I did when I lived in Philly. I cook at least three times a week, and it is WORK! The lack of time sometimes takes the joy out of cooking, but I do look forward to a different meals across the weeks.

Also, I've been picking meals with minimal cutting and cooking time recently, because my time during the week is so precious. I don't have hours to enjoy cooking like I did before. Besides slicing the squash - this is pretty quick. I added a 'Quick Meals' label below for recipes that I definitely think work well during the week. They normally have minimal ingredients, or a handful of common ones, so they're not only tasty - but cost-effective also. Oh - and as for this dish, it was delicious. My brother text me and said something like, "Can I have some of your pasta? If you don't text me back, I'll eat it anyway..." Needless to say, this was enjoyed by all.

Squash and Spaghetti
Serves 4
Adapted from Market Vegetarian by Ross Dobson


Ingredients
1 butternut squash, thinly sliced
14 oz. angel hair pasta
10-12 sage leaves
2 cloves garlic
1 tbs olive oil
Pecorino Romano (optional)

Directions
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash to pan and cook until tender, but not yet breaking up, 5-6 minutes. SS: It took me closer to 10 minutes to get the squash cooked through to where it was just starting to break. Add garlic, and cook for another minute. Remove pan from heat, add sage and let the flavors develop. Cook pasta according to directions. Add the pasta to the pan and mix. SS: The squash should break up on its own if you've cooked it enough. Sprinkle shredded pecorino romano on top.

2 comments:

  1. This does look like a tasty, quick meal! I'm doing a slew of recipes in tomorrow's post. Be sure to check them out. :-)

    ReplyDelete