Friday Fun: Dinosaur-inspired style

FYI, I use anything and everything to get my hairspiration!  This style was inspired by me (randomly) thinking about how cool dinosaur scales are...specifically thinking of a T-Rex and how the scales stack up on her back.
Image credit, picture is of a Dinosaur cactus

Enough about the inspiration...here are my pics...





So I'm really giving you PICTURES!!! lol, this style is super easy to do AND will work on a variety of hair lengths.  I did this on braid-out hair and used bobby pins to hold my hair down. I just folded my hair to create the scales.  You can choose to add more/less dinosaur scales/layers.  I was in a hurry and kept it simple with 3 layers.  I can imagine me trying this style again with 10 layers...SUPA DUPA CUTE!

Finally, if you want a more "polished look" you can also opt to pin back the front/bangs portion to achieve the look below.


Have an awesome weekend!  PS - I did find out some interesting things on water chemistry as it relates to hair, look for that post next week!

Peace

3 comments:

  1. Cute style! Oooh, can't wait to hear the water report. In the meantime, I'm trying some new products from the Shea Moisture line. Gonna try a twist out with the Curl and Hold Smoothie. And crossing my fingers as I'm going to a conference and can't "fix" it as I would at home if it goes all wrong. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo fly! OMG! I love your creativity with natural hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Libby & Efe!

    @ Libby - Twist outs can be hit or miss for me, but I can normally find a way to make it work so I don't look too crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete