Grateful

I've been pretty MIA from the blog, but I'm happy to say that I have a lot of pictures (I.e. content), that I am just waiting to find time to post! In the meantime, I thought I'd share some pictures from my trip to Key Largo, Florida. Naja, my mom and I flew to Key Largo on Wednesday for an early 7:20 AM flight. Naja was fantastic on the plane, she cried a little, played a little, ate a little, and slept a little. When we arrived to Miami, we quickly rented a car, and drove to the resort.


The trip is a "bonus trip," courtesy of my company for my department hitting our goals. So basically, we're chillin' at a super nice resort, with a lot of DELICIOUS seafood, some sun, and some true relaxation. Times like this, I'm actually happy that I eat seafood, because it literally tastes like it is FRESH out of the ocean. We have one department activity every day, but the rest of the time has been on our own, and we're having a great time. For the first day, we pretty much stayed inside because it was overcast and rainy. Below are some pictures from our brief (I.e. 5-minute) nature walk.


Naja on our nature walk, snacking on a Mum Mum rice cracker.

I am so grateful, because I never would have imagined I would ever be able to go to a place so fancy, and the fact that Naja could tag along is just icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, this trip has also been interesting since Naja is eating solids now, and she's a really good eater. I ended up doing a mixture of baby led weaning with some version of spoon-feeding. She eats just about everything: eggplant, pineapple, broccoli, spinach, potatoes, yogurt, banana - EVERYTHING! No allergies yet - although we are staying away from citrus fruit, nuts, and fish for now. Below are some pictures of Naja eating at one of the fine dining restaurants on the property. It's quite hilarious, because there's a dress code at the restaurant, and here is Naja, in her sneakers and leggings, snacking on all types of tropical fruit. We leave tomorrow, but I'll be sure to post pics from our day at the beach later.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely trip! You are so fortunate that your company sponsored that...sure beats our old AAF meetings, right? LOL! Hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great adventure! I'm so glad you and your mom and Naja are having a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!!
    Naija is a CUTIE!
    Cant wait to see the beach pics :-)

    ReplyDelete